Are you having one of those days? Here are some great idioms to express how you feel.
I got out of the wrong side of bed this morning. In fact, I’m feeling a bit down in the dumps. Yesterday, my boss gave me a dressing down. I had forgotten to send some important files to a client and they decided to take their business elsewhere. Our other projects are going to the dogs so we’re up shit creek without a paddle. It has really knocked me for six. I guess I’ll just have to try to weather the storm there’s no use crying over spilt milk.
Match the idiom with the definition
- a) survive hard times
- b) a severe telling-off /reprimand.
- c) in a lot of trouble [vulgar!]
- d) to become ruined / become much worse
- e) a bit depressed
- f) to express regret about something that has already happened and cannot be changed.
- g) shocked or upset very much
- h) to be irritable all day
Answers: 1h, 2e, 3b, 4d, 5c, 6g, 7a, 8f
Download this worksheet